To protect the health of our School Community and per the Emergency Order issued by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Reporting of Confirmed and Probable Cases of COVID-19 at Schools on October 6, 2020, Oscoda Area Schools will use this webpage to provide Public Notice to our School Community regarding School Associated Cases of COVID-19. Within 24 hours of being notified of a School Associated Case by District Health Department # 2, this dashboard will be updated to include new and cumulative COVID-19 case counts. Individuals identified as Close Contacts of School Associated Cases will be notified separately and directly by District Health Department #2.
STATUS OF INSTRUCTION AND SCHOOL-SPONSORED FUNCTIONS
- Instruction: Please review Oscoda Area Schools Summary of 2020-2021 Learning Plans Document, linked here, for more details regarding our available modes of instruction. At this time Oscoda Area Schools will continue to offer all three modes of learning including Face-to-Face, Virtual, and Blended Instruction.
- School-Sponsored Functions: At this time school sponsored functions are proceeding in accordance with standing orders from the Department of Health and Human Services regarding Face Coverings and Gatherings.
SCHOOL ASSOCIATED COVID-19 CASES
On 5/10/21 Oscoda Area Schools was informed of at least 5 new School Associated Cases. This data may include probable and confirmed cases as reported by District Health Department #2 among students, staff, administration, coaches, or visitors, if the person with COVID-19 was in the building or participating in a school-sponsored function during their infectious period.
New Cases (Since Last Update)
Cumulative Cases (Since Reporting Began)
Students and Staff
As a precaution, we will be disinfecting applicable areas of the school. This may include spraying classrooms, hallways, locker rooms, and common areas, as needed, with a sanitizer, along with other methods of disinfection.
ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE
We recommend taking action to help limit the spread of COVID-19, even if staff members or students are not experiencing symptoms:
- Wear a mask (covering mouth and nose) while in public places or if people who do not live with you must visit your home.
- Practice social distancing (maintaining a distance of 6 feet apart).
- Practice frequent hand washing (using soap for 20 seconds or hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol).
- Follow capacity restrictions of social gatherings.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or with the inside of your elbow and immediately wash your hands.
- Stay home if you are sick; you can also get tested.
- Answer the phone if the health department contacts you, as a contact tracer may be trying to reach you with important information.
This information does not mean you should quarantine or isolate. Those members of the School Community who were or are suspected to have been in Close Contact with a School Associated Case will be notified by District Health Department # 2 and/or Oscoda Area Schools.
Thank you for understanding that, due to medical privacy laws, we are not able to release the names of the individuals with COVID-19. We will continue to communicate changes and updates with you. With your participation, we believe we can maintain a safe environment while also providing quality education.
If you have any questions, contact District Health Department # 2 at (989)362-6183. For answers to your COVID-19 questions, please call the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline at 888-535-6136 or visit Michigan.gov/Coronavirus.